Handmade in Germany
The Spaltaxt is a German-style splitter suited for splitting rounds and heavy firewood. The dual wedge head design delivers powerful, effective strikes that increase splitting efficiency and prevent the head from becoming stuck or pinched in logs. The Spaltaxt’s mid-weight 4 ½ pound head and comfortable 28 inch handle keep the wielder fresh during long sessions. This axe handily outperforms others in its class, and stands up well against much heavier tools. For the seasonal splitter looking to heat their homestead through winter, the Spaltaxt is a faultless choice.
- Head Weight: 4 ½ lbs.
- Total Weight: 5 ¾ lbs.
- Bit Length: 3 ⅛ in.
- Handle Length: 28 in.
- Hand forged using a drop hammer on open dies
- Premium grade C50 high carbon steel
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Sustainably sourced grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
- Hung with hardwood wedge and steel ring wedge
- 1 oz. bottle of Axe-Guard protective oil
- Vegetable tanned Leather Sheath
See Optional Upgrades Here