Twisted Aluminum Splitting Wedge
The German forestry industry is stringent on safety, and require aluminum splitting wedges as opposed to steel. Aluminum wedges are both safer to use and lighter in weight than steel wedges. These high grade aluminum wedges can withstand rigorous hammering, but do not pose the risk of chipping as many steel wedges do, which is a very serious hazard when splitting. These wedges are ideal for their portability, as they weigh significantly less than steel wedges. Many lower quality splitting wedges will break down over time and need to be replaced, whereas Helko wedges truly will last a lifetime.
- Forged in Wuppertal, Germany
- Aluminum alloy
- Die forged and air hardened
- Twisted design & notches help prevent slippage
- Wedge incline assists with difficult splitting tasks
- Sharpened bit (blade edge)
- Center groove helps to prevent pinching
- Length: 8.25 in.
- Weight: 1.75 lbs.