Tasmania Competition Axe
Sold Out - Back in stock early December
Handmade in Germany
The Tasmania Competition Axe is a modern rendition of vintage Tasmanian pattern racing axes. It is an affordable yet dependable option for racing experts as well as novices entering the world of timber sporting. The blade is sharpened for general purpose chopping and can be used out of the box, though advanced users may wish to profile or hone the edge to their liking. Outside of the competition arena, the Tasmania is commonly used as a felling axe on both softwoods and hardwoods. The shorter handle and heavier head allow for quick swings while delivering powerful cuts. The head is buffed and polished to a highly reflective finish that reduces cutting friction and improves rust resistance.
- Head Weight: 4 lbs.
- Total Weight: 6 ½ lbs.
- Bit Length: 5 ¼ in.
- Handle Length: 31 in.
- Hand forged using a drop hammer on open dies
- Premium grade C50 high carbon steel
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Sustainably sourced grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
- Hung with hardwood wedge and steel ring wedge
- 1 oz. bottle of Axe Guard protective oil
- Vegetable-tanned Leather Sheath