Handmade in Germany
The Journeyman is a hybrid of a hatchet and a conventional axe, and is the perfect all-purpose “in between” companion for the avid backpacker, camper, or woodsman. This pack axe is designed to be lightweight, compact, and easy to carry while trekking through wilderness. Comfortable to use one or two handed, the Journeyman will make kindling, limb branches, build your shelter, and other light splitting or cutting work. The poll (opposite the blade) may be used for light hammering, such as striking in tent stakes. The head is buffed and polished to a highly reflective finish that reduces cutting friction and improves rust resistance.
- Head Weight: 1 ½ lbs.
- Total Weight: 2 ¼ lbs.
- Bit Length: 3 ¼ in.
- Handle Length: 20 in.
- Handmade in Wuppertal, Germany
- German C50 high grade carbon steel
- Open face drop forged, heat treated, and oil-hardened
- Polished to a highly reflective finish
- Helko crown hammered into cheek
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Crafted in Switzerland
- Sustainably sourced Grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
- Hung with hardwood wedge and notched steel ring wedge
- 1 oz. bottle of Axe Guard protective oil
- Vegetable tanned Leather Sheath