Vario Universal Axe
Handmade in Germany
The Universal Axe is a full-size, general purpose axe. The 2 ¾ pound head provides enough heft for most types of cutting and splitting work, including felling large trees. If you are looking for a capable full-size axe but aren't comfortable with the weight of the Heavy Universal Axe, this axe is a perfect choice. This axe handles and feels like a traditional felling axe, but the wedge incline head design makes it an exceptional splitting tool as well. Read about Vario Care and Maintenance here.
- Head Weight: 2 ¾ lbs.
- Parts Weight: 1 ½ lbs.
- Total Weight: 6 lbs.
- Bit Length: 4 ½ in.
- Handle Length: 30 in.
- Premium grade C50 high carbon steel
- Drop forged, heat treated, and oil-hardened
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Sustainably sourced grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Lightly lacquered with black-dipped grip
- Curved ergonomic design provides even balance
- 1 oz. bottle of Axe-Guard protective oil
- Vegetable tanned Leather Sheath
See Optional Upgrades Here