Handmade in Germany
The Rheinland pattern - a traditional German wide-bit blade - is exceptionally well suited for cutting work. Handmade in Wuppertal, Germany, these hatchets are named after the region’s famous Rhein River Valley. The Rhein was a historically significant source of trade and growth for settlements in the region throughout the medieval period, and cutting axes like these were a daily necessity for people carving out towns and villages in heavily forested regions along the river. These hatchets perform well at limbing branches, making kindling, carving, and other light and fine cutting work.
- Head Weight: 1 ¼ lbs.
- Total Weight: 1 ¾ lbs.
- Bit Length: 4 in.
- Handle Length: 14 in.
- Hand forged using a drop hammer on open dies
- Premium grade C50 high carbon steel
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Sustainably sourced grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for grain orientation and density
- Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
- Hung with hardwood wedge and steel ring wedge
- 1 oz. bottle of Axe-Guard protective oil
- Vegetable tanned Leather Sheath
See Optional Upgrades Here