Used Classic Scout
This Scout has been used, but is still in good condition. The head is scuffed, but in good shape. The handle does have some handling marks, but is still in very good condition. Discounted $30 off of normal price.
The Scout is the smallest conventionally sized axe in the Classic line, and light enough for almost any user to handle comfortably. Its relatively small size makes it a convenient go-to for a variety of tasks, including felling small trees, splitting firewood, clearing brush, limbing branches, and preparing kindling. Slightly too big to carry along on weight-conscious backpacking trips, the Scout is better suited as a base camp axe, or for longer excursions where it can be stowed in a canoe, raft, or vehicle. Axes of this class are commonly referred to as “boy’s axes” due to their small size, but don’t let the designation fool you. The Scout is a great starter axe that often becomes a go-to favorite among seasoned axe users. The head is buffed and polished to a highly reflective finish that reduces cutting friction and improves rust resistance.
- Handmade in Wuppertal, Germany
- German C50 high grade carbon steel
- Open face drop forged, heat treated, and oil-hardened
- Helko crown hammered into cheek
- Polished to a highly reflective finish
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Crafted in Switzerland
- Sustainably sourced Grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for strength, grain orientation, and density
- Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
- Hung with hardwood wedge and notched steel ring wedge