Tasmania TimberSport Axe - Lightly Used
This Tasmania axe has been very lightly used. The handle has some dirt markings from dirty hands or gloves. The head looks very close to new, but may have experienced a couple swings into wood. All in all, the axe is in excellent condition and appears new, minus some dirty handle markings. Discounted $15 off normal price.
The Tasmania TimberSport Axe is a modern rendition of the vintage Tasmanian pattern racing axes. Specialized competition racing axes can be among the most expensive axes available. Quality, affordable racing axes are rare, to say the least, and are often hard to come by without spending a small fortune. Helko Werk’s Tasmania is a streamlined version of a typical competition grade racing axe, available at an extremely attractive price. The perfect choice both for racing experts and novices entering the world of timber sporting. The Tasmania is an ideal training axe for competitions where only authentic racing axes are permitted to be used. The blade is sharpened for general purpose chopping and can be used out of the box, although more advanced users may wish to profile or hone the edge to their liking. Outside of the competition arena, the Tasmania is commonly used as a felling axe on both softwoods and hardwoods. The shorter handle and heavier head allows for quick swings while delivering powerful cuts. The head is buffed and polished to a highly reflective finish that reduces cutting friction and improves rust resistance.
- Handmade in Wuppertal, Germany
- German C50 high grade carbon steel
- Open face drop forged, heat treated, and oil-hardened
- Polished to a highly reflective finish
- Helko crown hammered into cheek
- 53-56 HRC (Rockwell Hardness)
- Crafted in Switzerland
- Sustainably sourced Grade A American hickory
- Individually selected for strength, grain orientation, and density
- Boiled linseed oil finish, 150 grit smooth sanded
- Hung with hardwood wedge and notched steel ring wedge